- 1 What is Crate and Barrel’s Return Policy?
- 2 How To Return a Crate and Barrel Item?
- 3 Can You Return an Online Purchase to the Store?
- 4 How strict is the Crate and Barrel Return Policy?
- 5 Crate and Barrel Exchange Policy
- 6 Crate and Barrel Refund Policy
- 7 Do Crate and Barrel Take Returns Without a Receipt?
- 8 Do Crate and Barrel Accept Returns After 30 Days?
- 9 What Items Cannot be Returned to Crate and Barrel?
- 10 Exceptions
- 11 How Long Do Crate and Barrel Refunds Take?
- 12 FAQs
- 13 Conclusion
Great furniture may be found at Crate & Barrel. However, there are situations when you buy something just to find out later that it didn’t function as you had hoped in your home.
Learn more about Crate and Barrel’s return/exchange policy and what can be returned/exchanged by continuing to read.
What is Crate and Barrel’s Return Policy?
If you call Crate and Barrel within the first seven days after delivery, you are eligible for refunds and exchanges. As long as you’ve informed the business, you still have 30 days to return the goods.
|Return Period||30 Days|
|Return Method||In-store or By Mail|
|Exchange Period||30 Days|
|Exchange Method||In-store or By Mail|
|Refund Period||7-10 Business Days|
|Refund Method||Original payment method|
Depending on the category they fit under, Crate & Barrel has several return policy timeframes. This also applies to the things their policy specifically excludes.
|Furniture and Rugs||Must set up a return within 7 days or 30 days to return Not eligible for online returns|
|Non-Furniture and Rug Items||Have 90 days to return|
|Store Samples||Not eligible for returns or exchanges Sold as-is|
|Basic Freight Items||Must set up a return within 7 days or 30 days to return Not eligible for online returns|
|Custom Items||Not eligible for returns or exchanges|
|Botanicals||Not eligible for returns or exchanges|
How To Return a Crate and Barrel Item?
For Furniture, Rugs, and Basic Freight Items
- To arrange a return within seven days after pick-up or delivery, contact Crate & Barrel.
- Within 30 days of pick-up or delivery, return the item.
- bring proof of purchase with you
- When paying with cash, you will receive the first $100 in cash and the remaining amount will be mailed to you as a check. Payment will be reimbursed to the card used to purchase the item.
For Non-Furniture Items In-Store Returns
- Within 90 days, bring the item to the store.
- The item must be in excellent condition, unworn, and unwashed.
- Display a purchase receipt
- If you paid with cash, you will receive the first $100 in cash and the remaining amount will be mailed to you as a check. Money will be refunded to the card you used to make the purchase.
For Non-Furniture Items Online Returns
- Using your order number and ZIP code, log in to your online returns account.
- Choose the item to return.
- Describe your reasons for returning the item in the form.
- the FedEx shipping label to print
- Wrap the thing.
- Drop-off at a FedEx location
- Online return tracking
You are responsible for paying for return shipping for online orders. Crate & Barrel will not cover or reimburse any shipping fees unless the item was broken or damaged when it was delivered.
Can You Return an Online Purchase to the Store?
If you have a receipt, you may return things purchased online to the store.
How strict is the Crate and Barrel Return Policy?
The return policy at Crate & Barrel is extremely harsh.
But Crate and Barrel will make an effort to cooperate with you on the purchase evidence. They will accept practically any kind of evidence of purchase even if you don’t have a receipt, or they will try to look it up for you.
Crate and Barrel Exchange Policy
The exchange and return policies for Crate & Barrel are identical.
You have 90 days to swap a non-furniture item, but you must present evidence of purchase unless you want to trade for the same item.
You have seven days to call and ask for a return on furniture, rugs, and standard freight items. After that, the item must be returned for an exchange within 30 days of delivery or pick-up. There must be purchase documentation.
Crate and Barrel Refund Policy
The refund policy of Crate & Barrel is the same as their return policy.
You have 90 days to swap non-furniture products, but you’ll need to present proof of purchase.
You have seven days to call and ask for a return on furniture, rugs, and standard freight items. Then, to receive a refund, the item must be returned within 30 days of delivery or pickup. There must be purchase documentation.
Money will be refunded in the same form that it was originally received. The first $100 of any cash payments made for the item will be returned to you right away. The remainder will then be delivered to you by check.
Do Crate and Barrel Take Returns Without a Receipt?
For a return, Crate & Barrel needs some sort of evidence of purchase. You might not need a receipt if all you want to do is exchange an item for another of the same kind. However, some form of evidence of purchase is necessary to exchange for a different item or to receive a return.
The following can be used as evidence of purchase:
- original payment
- present receipt
- authentic packaging slip
- slip for a gift
- Invoice number
- number in a gift registry
- Email used to receive the electronic receipt
- Credit Card from Crate & Barrel
- The payment was made with a major credit card.
Do Crate and Barrel Accept Returns After 30 Days?
It can be returned for up to 90 days if it was a non-furniture item.
It is necessary to return furniture, rugs, and standard freight products within 30 days, but only after calling to request a return during the first 7 days.
What Items Cannot be Returned to Crate and Barrel?
You cannot return gift cards, personalized items, or botanical products to Crate and Barrel. Also a final sale, cut yardage cannot be returned.
Returns are not accepted for floor samples, used things, washed items, or items that are not in good condition. Additionally, no items bought during a final sale may be exchanged or returned.
How Long Do Crate and Barrel Refunds Take?
After the item has been successfully returned to Crate & Barrel, it may take 1-3 days for the money to appear on your credit card. You will get the first $100 in cash right now. They will ship the cheque, which could take up to a week, depending on how quickly the post office can process it.
Do Crate and Barrel Give Full Refunds?
No shipping or delivery fees are refundable at Crate & Barrel. They’ll reimburse you for the full price of the thing you bought.
Can I Return a Crate and Barrel Product After Use?
Non-furniture products are not returnable if they have been used or cleaned. Although the Crate and Barrel website make no mention of furniture, we would think that it can be returned as long as it is still in excellent shape.
How long is the Crate & Barrel return window?
Customers can visit their store within 30 days.
The return process is rather simple at Crate & Barrel. Larger items, such as furniture and rugs, can only be returned in-store and cannot be returned online.
In order to receive a complete refund for certain large items, you must additionally contact customer support within the first 7 days after delivery and return the item within the first 30 days.
You have 90 days to return other items for a complete refund.